When my daughter, Tallulah, was in 4th grade I found the following list neatly written down on her desk. I kept it, even sent it to my book editor as an idea for a Middle Grade series. I was reminded of this old piece of paper by the “Life List” on Sarah on the Go. As Chief Executive Officer and Director of Global Strategy, Finance & Waste Management here at The Muddy Kitchen, I particularly like the “recycle and compost” rule, but “take pictures with each other and of each other” is pretty great too.
THE RULES OF FRENDZY GREEN CLUB
1. We never say impossible.
2. We never lie, or else if you do you’re out of the club.
3. We always write with a pen – that’s what mistakes are for.
4. We have a dedicated heart so that means you love good friends.
5. You really can’t be bratty or you’re out of the club.
6. We take pictures with each other and of each other.
7. We write things that happen to us everyday.
8. We will recycle and compost.
9. We have to share!
Take your boots off before you come in here!